Monday, February 10, 2014

Strawberry Surprise Muffins

I have always wanted to use oat flour but didn't know how to make it or where to buy it. I didn't realize it was as simple as putting it in a blender or processor and blending it for a couple minutes! And I just made this recipe up as I went, and looked at what was the pantry and refrigerator which is why "surprise" is in the name! And surprise! These muffins are semi healthy! They are gooey and yummy inside and I hope you enjoy it!



Ingredients:

  • 1 heaping cup of old fashioned oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 individual container of Greek nonfat yogurt with strawberries at the bottom ( I used Okios, 5.3 oz)
  • 3 or 4 chopped strawberries
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 table spoons egg whites
  • powdered sugar for topping
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with muffin cups
  • With either a food processor or blinder ( I used my Ninja) blind oats for about 2 minutes or until it is the from of flour

  • Pour in a large bowl and add the baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar

  • Whisk together until combined
  • Add vanilla , yogurt, strawberries, chocolate chips, oil, and egg whites

  • Whisk or stir together until well combined

  • Pour mixture about 2/3 full in each muffin cup (Makes about 8 or 9 muffins)

  • Bake for 15 to 20 minutes

  • Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of each one with love and care
                                        Some went missing before I added the powdered sugar.
  • Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment