Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baked Ziti

This is the first time I have made and tried baked ziti and I love it! I saw it on Pinterest and used the recipe from the website momswhothink.com and my family and me thought it was awesome! I'm not a fan of sour cream so I was put off by this recipe at first, but it is wonderful!


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of dry ziti pasta
  • 1 pound of lean ground beef (I used 3 frozen hamburger patties
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 (26 ounce) jars of spaghetti sauce of your liking
  • 1 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 6 ounces of shredded Italian blend cheese( or sliced Provolone cheese, they were out at the grocery store)
  • 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese for topping
  • 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9 by 13 inch baking dish
  • Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil
  • Add ziti and cook until al dente and drain
  • In a large skillet, brown onion and meat over medium heat, drain excess grease
  • Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes
  • Layer as follows: 1/2 the pasta, Italian blend cheese, sour cream, 1/2 meat mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese, and remaining meat mixture( you may need to press dowm with spoon to fit all that goodness in the dish)
  • Top with Parmesan cheese
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted
  • Enjoy! 
Salad and garlic bread are yummy additions to this dish!




No comments:

Post a Comment