Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Broccoli Slaw

I've never had anything like this before until today, and I have been missing out! Its a refreshing dish, and has a cool taste and texture. I got the recipe from my mom's school's recipe book. Its a book of all the teacher's favorite recipes, and this one was from Cristy Layman. You will want to try this! Its easy and it makes me feel like I'm being healthy because it has broccoli and other vegetable like things in it!

 
Ingredients:
  • 1 package fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 package broccoli slaw
  • 2 bunches of green onions
  • 1 cup of sunflower seeds
  • 3 packages chicken flavor ramen noodles
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup vegetable or canola oil

Directions:
  • In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, oil, vinegar, and 3 packets of seasoning from ramen noodles
  • In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, slaw, onions, sunflower seeds, and crumbled/ crushed dry ramen noodles ( make sure broccoli is in small florets)
  • Pour dressing mix over the broccoli mixture and either refrigerate or serve!
ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment