Sunday, January 19, 2014

Best Mashed Potatoes Ever

I got this recipe from Charlotte Manning who was one of my favorite teachers, and is a wonderful person and a FABULOUS cook! My dad works with her , and he is always bringing home recipes from her for me to try. And I must say these are the best mashed potatoes I have had!


Ingredients:

  • 2 to 3 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes (1/2 bag)
  • 1 stick of real butter
  • About half of a 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  • Wash potatoes real good
  • Cut in half or fourths
  • Place in a large pot and cover with water

  • Cover with lid and bring to a boil

  • Keep at a boil  for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender (fork is inserted without much pressure) The longer you leave them boiling the creamery the mashed potatoes, I like some small chunks in mine, so if you like yous like that as well this amount of time will work!
  • Drain and place back in pot
  • With a potato masher, mash the potatoes
  • Add butter (sliced) and continue mashing
  • Slowly add in evaporated milk while mashing until right consistency

  • Add salt and pepper for tasting and stir in
  • ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment