Saturday, January 11, 2014

Healthier Blueberry Pancakes

Today is my Dad's Birthday and my sister wanted to make something special for breakfast, and what better to make than pancakes? And the plus side is that they are healthy! We got the recipe from notyouraveragecollegefood.com and its very simple, healthy, and tasty! My dad even liked them and that's saying something! I hope you love as much as me and my family did!

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup of fresh blueberries

Directions
  • Heat pan on medium high heat
  • While the pan is heating, mix together the yogurt, egg, flour, and baking soda, mixture will be thick

  • Lightly butter the bottom of the heated pan, it should sizzle
  • Spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture into pan, use spoon to spread into a circle

  • Put several blueberries on top of the batter
  • Flip pancakes when the batter starts to bubble

  • When you hear the blueberries sizzle, the other side should be done, repeat with remaining batter( makes about 12 mini pancakes)
  • Top with syrup and butter if you like and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment