Monday, January 6, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I always loved when my oldest sister made these when I was younger or one of  my mom's coworkers made a batch to share. I combined my sister's recipe with one I found on Pinterest and it turned out great!If you like chocolate you will love these! They make quite a few servings, but I promise they won't last long! Enjoy!!



Ingredients:

  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon or so of vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 3 cups of quick oats




Directions:
  • Combine the butter, sugar, chocolate, and milk into a medium saucepan
  • Mix together over medium heat until boiling
  • Boil for 1 minute 
  • Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and peanut butter
  • Then stir in the oats until combined
  • Drop about spoonful for each cookie on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or a lined muffin tin ( I was out of wax paper and used aluminum foil instead)
  • You can leave them at room temperature to set , but I HIGHLY suggest you refrigerate for about an hour before eating and keep remaining cookies refrigerated  

No comments:

Post a Comment